Saturday, December 10, 2016

Angry Writings

It's called angry writing. You just get started writing. You've got to have good voice though. Without the voice, there is no writing. It sure has been awhile. I sit in my room alone quite a bit. Sometimes I think I'll log on here and write for hours. Other times I can't think of anything I would say. In every case over the last year, I don't end up writing a damn thing.

Today I'm writing a damn thing. A damn, angry thing. A lot has happened in my life since I semi-regularly wrote on this blog. As I look back and reflect on my writing a few years and a few months ago, I see and remember a lot of random moments in my life. Some depicted very honestly, some drastically over-exaggerated.

When you look back on moments of your life and reflect on them, often times you'll wish something happened that didn't. That's just life, isn't it? But, when you write about it, is it more fulfilling to write your moments in the way you wish events occurred, or how they actually did? Probably in the way you wished they occurred. Either way, you can write about your life angrily. Angry at why your life is at such a fictional low point or at a truthful unhappy moment.

That's it for now I think. I don't know how regularly I'm going to start writing on here now. One thing for sure, be it fiction or reality, writing makes me feel better. I try hard to make my writing have some kind of voice. I want the emotion to bleed through. I wouldn't want someone with the type of patience I have to get bored reading what I've got written down. Reality is true to form when I say nobody will ever read these writings. Well maybe not. Maybe I'll share and someone can read my writing and hopefully not be left wishing for something more. That's why sometimes you have to write angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment