Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Tree

There's something in trees that are old and that bend in many different ways. I'm talking about the trees without green or flowers on them. Just dark vacant branches. Those trees calm me down when I see them. Makes me take a big slow deep breath. Seeing them makes me want to move to the country and climb branches by the water.

I don't think I've ever read anything that talks specifically about the hustle of the city. The city can grind you down if you leave yourself subject to it. What I mean is that if you don't speak your mind, the days are just like clockwork. Before you have time to think about getting out of the city, you're already wrapped up by it. I've got relatives from the very other side of the country. They think it's a fuckin field trip coming down to the busy suburbs. I don't think any of those relatives write, paint, or anything. Not that I judge a person based on things like that or whatever, I just don't know how to describe them. No matter how those family of mine are described, there sure are a lot of the trees I like from where they're from.

I saw a video the other day of a small tree that was dug up out of the ground and replanted in another place. It was a big process. The tree had a lot of veins that were planted deep in the ground. The video made me want to dig up one of the old trees I like and replant it in my backyard.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment